The primary objective of the Woodland Adult Day Center program will be to provide services to adults who would benefit from enriched social or health-supportive experiences and who may need assistance with activities of daily living. Personal Services such as assistance with eating, bathing, grooming, medication administration and use of adaptive equipment can be provided. Support services such as transportation, serving snacks and activities designed to meet physical, social and leisure time needs will also be available.
Serving the South West Wisconsin region including: Richland, Vernon, Grant, Sauk and Iowa counties.
This program is designed to serve people with dementia, the elderly, frail elderly, persons with developmental, physical and sensory disabilities. While this program will provide personal cares and medication administration, it will not provide skilled nursing services such as wound care, physical therapy and occupational therapy. However, therapy services may be obtained on the Schmitt Woodland Hills campus on an out-patient basis.
Benefits for Caregivers
- Reduce stress and find time for what you en-joy.
- Finally have time to run that errand, get your haircut or visit the doctor
- Spend time with family and friends with the peace-of-mind knowing your loved one is with other caring individuals.
Benefits for Loved Ones
- They can relax and do activities they love and receive daily exercise.
- Enjoy activities designed to their person abilities.
- Go on community outings and socialize with others.
Program participants will be involved in the planning and implementation of the activities they will be involved in. They will also engage in individual and group activities that encourage creativity, social interaction and physical exercise. Opportunities for indoor and outdoor activities, including outings to points of interest and involvement in the general community will also be part of the program. Limited transportation services are also being considered.
Participants will be introduced to this new program gradually. Eventually the Center is expecting to be able to serve 18-24 clients with programs 5 days per week.
Do you Feel…
- Like you are doing it all yourself
- Like you should do more
- You don’t have time to enjoy your fam-ily, friends and activities
- Sad about your relationship with your loved one
- You are easily frustrated and angered when your loved one doesn’t listen or understand
- Like stress is affecting your own health.
Let us Help You
Whether it’s for an hour a day or a full day, we can provide your loved one with the care and attention they need. You can take the break you need knowing they are well cared for.
Take care of Yourself
Alzheimer’s takes a devastating toll on caregivers.