We at Schmitt Woodland Hills believe that we must invest in our staff if our staff are going to invest in us.
We know the value of a great workforce and in recognizing our workforce with appreciation and gratitude. We recognize staff in many ways including some of the following:
- Schmitt is recognized as a 5 Star Facility because of our great staff.
- Kudos Board – We have a kudos board where one staff member can recognize another staff member for going above and beyond or for other good deeds.
- Annual Employee Recognition Dinner – We have a catered in dinner annually for our staff to say thank you for all that they do. We also recognize years of service at this dinner with Certificates of Appreciation and Pins for Years of Service.
- Monthly Fun Activities – We have fun activities for staff that we plan on a monthly basis. These activities have included Snowball Fights with Marshmellows, Giving away free Packers and Brewers tickets, Snowman building contests, Scavenger Hunts, Pizza Parties, Nacho and Hot Dog Days, Ice Cream Sunday Days, etc.
- Nursing Home Week – We have special events every day Monday through Friday of Nursing Home Week. This year we did Crazy Hair/Hat Day, I love Reeses Day, National Pizza Day, Red White and Blue Day, Pajama Day, and Sports Day. We gave away prized everyday including Brewers Tickets, Subway Gift Card, Chocolate Lover’s Basket, Popcorn and Movie Basket, and the Grand Prize was an Electronic Tablet. The residents and staff both love the fun days and the Staff win prizes for participating and so that they know how much we appreciate them.
- Special Department Days – Throughout the year we celebrate each department within our facility. The staff enjoy the recognition and appreciate the value that we place on them.
- Blue Jeans for a Cause – Every other Friday we will be doing Blue Jeans for a cause. Staff get to wear blue jeans and they pay $1.00 to do so and that money will go to the cause for the quarter such as Alzheimer’s, the Food Pantry, etc. This will begin on July 15, 2017.
Employee and Family/Resident and Family Summer Picnic
In June of 2016, we held our 1st Biannual picnic for all to enjoy. We had a Petting Zoo, Carnival Games, Food, Food, and more Food, an Ice Cream Stand, Music by a DJ, and so much more. We are holding it every other year and will thus be having our 2nd Biannual Summer Picnic in the Summer of 2018.